Understand™ version 5.1 is officially available with Build 974. This release includes all updates since February 2018 and most recently includes “under the hood” improvements that will allow our team to bring you improved performance, responsiveness, and new features. You will also find that we updated the look of Understand with fresh icons and dark mode support on Mac.
New Additions Since 5.0
- NEW Compare Graphs have been added that let you quickly visualize what has changed between two versions of a project
- The C++ strict parser now has support for many additional compilers and chip vendors
- Significantly faster to open existing projects – the resolve step is now up to twice as fast!
- NEW icons with vector graphics to improve the look on scalable displays
- NEW support for high pixel density displays (HDPI/4K/5K/Retina etc)
- Easier to share project configurations with your team
- Function Pointer Support in the C/C++ Strict Parser
- Improved look and navigation of html Reports
- Increase metric coverage for each language
- Added support for Typescript in the web languages
- Continuously improving Understand GUI and its supported language parsers. See Build Notes for more details
Behind the Scenes
- Added support for MSVC 2017 C# projects
- Windows installer significantly faster if .NET framework is already installed
- Updated the Perl version that is included with Understand to 5.28.0
- Updated the UI framework to Qt 5.12
- No longer supports 32 bit Linux
- No longer supports RedHat 6
- Additional Language Support
- Java 10
- C# 7.2
- FORTRAN 2008
- Visual Basic .NET 2015
Do More with Understand
If you are new to Understand, sign up for our free one hour webinar to see how Understand can help you.
If you are familiar with Understand and you are interested in taking your Understand skills to the next level, Be sure to sign up for the free advanced training seminars that our sales partner Emenda has coming up:
- February 22: A C/C++ Project Done Right. Learn how to set up a C/C++ project the right way.
- March 28: Setting Up for Automation and DevOps. Learn how to set up Understand to automatically create an analysis, including the generation of metrics and validation through CodeCheck.
- April 18: The SciTools API’s, A Getting Started Guide. An introduction to the Perl and Python API to develop SciTools extensions.
- May 16: Custom Checkers. Learn how to create a custom checker in CodeCheck using the SciTools PERL API.
- June 12: GUI Extensions. Learn how to create a custom GUI extension in Understand (graph and report) using the PERL API.
Our team is currently hard at work on several projects inside of Understand that we are very excited about. As new builds are released over the coming months you will see further improvements to the interface, as well as updates to graphs, Annotations, Compare Graphs, and CodeCheck.