C++ Development Made Easy
Need to refactor or analyze a large C++ code base? Understand™ makes it easy to visualize, maintain, and utilize your source code. Try it free for two weeks.
More than just a C++ editor.
Think of Understand™ as a brain augmentation tool. It provides a powerful C++ IDE together with an impressive array of static analysis tools that will change the way you work with code. You'll find that once you master it, you'll work faster, smarter, and with fewer errors.
- Streamlined Interface: create your own workspace to organize info, code, palettes, etc.
- Keyboard Mapping: customize your keyboard mapping for optimal efficiency.
- File and Folder Comparing: easily compare entities, files, and folders.
- Browse Mode: turn the editor into a web style browser for code. Information is displayed automatically as you browse.
- Languages: Supports 19 different languages and understands multiple languages in use together.
Static Analysis Tools
- Code Knowledge: easily see functions, classes, variables, etc., how they are used, called, modified, and interacted with.
- Metrics & Reports: includes both standard and custom metrics.
- Graphs & Diagrams: Dependency, Control, Call Graphs, and more.
- Standards Testing: check against published standards or your own.
- Dependency Analysis: see all the dependencies in your code and how they connect.
- Search: instant search, customized search, RegEx, and wildcard searches.
Have you just inherited a massive C++ project? Understand™ can help.
"A large part of my career has been spent debugging and maintaining other people’s code and that means I spend a lot of time figuring out what a program actually did and how that was different from what it was supposed to do. These are two similar but conflicting ideas to hold in mind at the same time. Understand for C/C++ deals with that cognitive dissonance by helping me envision a program’s flow and structure and to figure out the changes necessary to fix the errors. It’s a very cool tool!"
Dave Phelps, Senior Software Engineer, Scientific Games International