(Build b1026) – 22 May 2020
Internal changes to Build System
(Build b1025) – 15 May 2020
- For Visual Basic, fixed syntax error on line-termintation before and after keyword ‘IN’ in foreach and query statements. Fixed syntax error on if-expression followed by a member access. Fixed syntax error on lamba expressions used in a parameter context. Fixed syntax error on some uses of the nullable type indicator ‘?’.
- For Visual Basic, fixed parser crash and an invalid syntax error.
- For Pascal/Delphi, fixed bug where a namespace name on a ‘program’ declaration caused a syntax error. Also, added support for Delphi 10.3 inline var declarations.
- Removed unneeded import from _delta.pl that was causing the script to crash
- For Java, fixed bug where some overrides of generic methods were not linked with ‘overrides’ relations.
- Fixed bug in MISRA 2004 Rule 5.4, MISRA 2012 Rule 5.7, and All Checks script tagsUnique.upl that caused constructors and destructors to be flagged as non-unique identifiers.
- Fixed bug in MISRA 2008 Rule 3-1-2, MISRA 2004 Rule 8.6, and All Checks script functionDeclaredFileScope.upl that caused false positives with function parameters.
(Build b1024) – 23 Apr 2020
- Fixed Script Error in fixedValuesConstants.upl.
- Added option to allow bitshift operations in magic numbers Codecheck.
- Und enable -exclude flag for cmake files.
- Changed CountStmt metrics to include statements from nested functions, with the exception of nested anonymous (lambda) functions.
(Build b1023) – 10 Apr 2020
- Codecheck checks for discarded return values should not consider uses in inactive code.
- Fixed bug in the C/C++ magic numbers check where const was being flagged.
(Build b1022) – 6 Apr 2020
- Added metric Codechecks for CountClassCoupled, CountPackageCoupled and MaxInheritanceTree.
- Added percentLackOfCohesion to Codecheck metrics.
- Added support for variadic macros to be set from the und command line.
(Build b1021) – 2 Apr 2020
- Updated unusedLocal.upl to use a different error message when parameters are flagged.
- Add "-ignoredonlyresults" switch to und codecheck to save only ignored (false positives) to results.
- Fixed a bug in MISRA 2012 rule 13.3, MISRA 2008 rule 5-2-10, MISRA 2004 rule 12.13 and All Checks script IncrementDecrimentStandalone.upl where arrays weren't correctly handled.
- Fixed a bug in MISRA 2004 rule 17.5 and All Check script noMoreThanTwoLevelsOfIndirection.upl that would cause false positives on range based loops.
- Added "-exportignoredall" switch to und codecheck to allow exporting ignores including those in comments. Codecheck will also run since commented ignores are found during the analysis, not stored.
- Add missing control flow information for lambda functions.
- Add improved support for the Apple blocks extension.
(Build b1020) – 24 Mar 2020
- Fix metric definition not showing on Linux (again).
- Fix potential crash during project creation.
- Fixed bug where the Unused Program Unit and Unused Objects and Functions reports for multi language projects that included C++ did not contain entities from non-C++ files.
- Fixed bug in Unused Program Unit report where Ada subroutines instantiated from generic packages were listed as unused if they were only referenced using the ‘Access’ attribute.
(Build b1019) – 13 Mar 2020
- Update MISRA 2012 rule 21.6 to correctly handle circular inclusions.
- Fixed fuzzy parser handling of interrupt functions for IAR AVR compiler.
- Add support for IAR AVR compiler to strict parser.
- Update Eclipse plugin to version 1.1.6
- Fix Metrics Definition page not showing on Mac.
- Fix failure to recognize some cl.exe invocations with escaped backslashes.
- Fixed bug where the Ada ‘Uses Not Needed’ and ‘Withs Not Needed’ reports were always empty.
- Fixed bug where the Ada ‘Exception Cross Reference’ report did not include referenced exceptions from the standard library.
- Show system include paths when listing include settings.
- Fixed some invalid missing type warnings for types defined in dll files.
- Fixed several issues with valid code resulting in missing type messages.
(Build b1018) – 2 Mar 2020
- An empty control flow graph is no longer created for packages without initalization code. Essential complexity and path counts for these packages are now 0 instead of 1.
- Changed cyclomatic complexity of instantiated generic subprograms from 1 to 0. 'If', 'For loop', and 'Case' expressions now add to complexity metrics.
- For Coldfire 68K assembly, fixed bug where some valid 'include' commands caused unable to open file warnings.
- Fix bug in MISRA 2012 rule 20.2 where certain header file names weren't being recognized.
- Added support to und add command for -exclude for visual studios projects.
- Increment Eclipse plugin to 1.1.5 – the eclipse plugin installer should work again.
- Enable UML sequence diagram for more Python entities
- Fixed bug where the complexity for case statements without an otherwise branch was one more than it should have been.
- Fixed bug where try-finally statements were shown incorrectly on control flow graphs.
- Fixed bug where the 'if-else' ternary operator was not counted toward cyclomatic complexity.
- Fixed bug where 'and' and 'or' operators were not counted in strict complexity.
- For Web/Php, fixed bug where complexity was incorrect for some switch statements.
- For Web/Php, fixed bug where control flow graphs were incorrect for some switch statements (this could also result in incorrect values for path counts and essential complexity).
- For Web/Php, fixed bug where 'and' and 'or' operators were not identified as 'short circuit operators' and so were not counted in strict complexity.
(Build b1017) – 15 Feb 2020
- Fix issue in Control Flow Graph with styled labels that occured when mixing tabs and spaces in internal white space.
- Add a passive option to the control flow graph to control the display of passive nodes. Passive is on by default.
- For the control flow graph, add "Decision only" value to the "Show Source Code" option.
- Allow a filename instead of a file entity for the upl api sync method on graphviz nodes and edges.
- Added average essential complexity and average strict complexity metrics for files. Added statement count and complexity metrics for main program units.
- Fixed bug where no control flow graph was available for subroutines included from another file.
- Added search functionality to the analysis log window.
- Fix warning message with c++ strict analyzer error count appearing twice when analysis is aborted.
(Build b1016) – 7 Feb 2020
- Fixed bug in und where setting multiple settings to the same value in one command was not working.
- Changed und so that on a crash it outputs a message to stderr instead of launching the gui asking users to email the file.
- Fix where changing the project Java version did not cause a reparse.
- For Web Php, fixed bug where statement counts for 'trait' and 'interface' entities were sometimes incorrect.
(Build b1015) – 1 Feb 2020
- In the Control Flow Graph, allow comments to be shown even when source code is not shown.
- Added new SumStmt metrics that provide statement counts that do include nested functions.
- Fix mismatch headers in metric definition documentation
- Changed CountStmt metrics to be consistent with c++ values in that statement counts from nested functions are not included in the count for the enclosing context.
- Fixed bug where metrics were not being generated for some Typescript entities.
(Build b1014) – 27 Jan 2020
- Rewrite metric definitions page with improved descriptions and layout.
NEW PROJECT WIZARD
- Enable build watching on Windows and Linux machines when creating a new project to improve the overall project analysis.
(Build b1013) – 17 Jan 2020
- Remove Strict and Fuzzy option from New Project Wizard and always default to use the Strict Parser.
- Remove debug option from toolbar menu.
(Build b1012) – 10 Jan 2020
- Moved interactive graph options (such as hide node, expand node, etc) out of the toolbar and into a sidebar for improved visibility. Added a configure option to the toolbar that opens the Graph options in settings.
- Removed automatic partial analysis that occurs after removing a file and/or directory using und remove.
- For Fortran metrics, fixed bug where select case statements with no 'default' had a complexity value of 1 less than the correct value. Changed the complexity of arithmetic if statements and computed gotos to not count multiple branches to the same statement (where the same label is specified more than once in the statement). Added included executable code to the control flow graph, and added paths through included executable code to the path count for the including subroutine.
- Update Python API test script to check LD_LIBRARY_PATH is set on Linux machines.
- For Web Php, fixed bug where the use of a php directive (strict_types, ticks, encoding) could cause a set relation to the wrong entity.
(Build b1011) – 3 Jan 2020
- For Basic metrics, fixed bug where ORELSE and ANDALSO were not adding to the strict complexity. Fixed bug where the conditional IF expression was not adding to complexity.
- Removed duplicate missing unit messages.
- Fixed bug where some uses of namespaced packages resulted in unknown entities.
- For web/html, fixed bug where some href links using relative file names did not locate the named file or fragment.
(Build b1010) – 13 Dec 2019
- Fixed a bug in MISRA 2012 rule 13.3, MISRA 2008 rule 5-2-12, MISRA 2004 rule 12.13, and All check script IncrementDecrimentStandalone.upl where an increment or decrement operator performed on a member variable wasn't handled correctly.
- Fix failure to apply compiler transformations to files with Windows style line endings (CRLF).
- For Web Php, fixed bug where protected and private class constants were classified as public.
- For Web Php, added a collection of class metrics providing counts of base and derived classes, and counts of declared methods and variables.
(Build b1009) – 6 Dec 2019
- Fix scope list issues caused by scopes that begin and end at the same position (e.g. because they're expanded from a macro).
- Add 'contents' method to the 'Entity' class.
- Add Und error codes to Und licensing failure.
- Add missing references to nested name specifiers in constructor base class initializers.
- Remove invalid system macro defines when using a compiler config file.
(Build b1008) – 16 Nov 2019
- Add tree view to the HTML report Index.
- Add support for Diab compiler in strict c++ analyzer.
(Build b1007) – 8 Nov 2019
- Added support for class forwarding in dll files.
- Look through implicit copy constructor calls for argument to parameter assign refs.
(Build b1006) – 30 Oct 2019
- Notarize install dmg for macOS Catalina.
(Build b1005) – 28 Oct 2019
- Fixed a parser hang on some invalid syntax.
- Fixed bug where c# extern methods appeared with 'define' references instead of 'declare' references.
- Fix bug in HIS rule 11 where the script would crash if the lexer failed to initialize.
- Fix bug in unreachableCode.upl that prevented the script from running on VHDL code.
- Attempt to preserve the source order of calls expanded from macros in the UML Sequence Diagram.
- Fixed parser crash on some invalid syntax.
- Report all errors instead of the first 20 per translation unit.
(Build b1004) – 14 Oct 2019
- Fixed parser hang on some syntax errors.
- Add option to launch Understand after finishing installation on Windows.
- Fixed parser hang on some syntax errors.
(Build b1003) – 4 Oct 2019
- Fixed an issue with node lock license not properly handling dashes
(Build b1002) – 28 Sep 2019
- Updated the New Project Wizard to improve the scan time for project files.
- Stop the Windows Play Store from opening if Python is not installed when opening the Project Configuration dialog.
- Changed cyclomatic complexity count to include catch statements to be consistent with fuzzy parser.
(Build b1001) – 20 Sep 2019
- Fixed an issue with exporting CodeCheck results to HTML.
- Updated the HTML Report Index page to pay attention to the "Group File Reports by Directory Structure" setting in the project config and group by directory when selected (otherwise it will be a flat list as it is currently).
(Build b1000) – 7 Sep 2019
- Add lexer/lexeme support.
- Fix several extension compiler issues.
(Build b999) – 30 Aug 2019
- Add support for Renesas RL78 compiler extension for bit access syntax.
- Fixed crash on some invalid syntax.
- Fixed crash parsing some sql statements.
- Fixed an issue where the html report index page was not being generated correctly.
- Fixed an errant HtmlExporter crash.
- Added Visual Studio and CMake one time import option to Und. "-onetime"
(Build b998) – 23 Aug 2019
- Updated the CodeCheck html export to include the Ignored and Notes column.
- Improve handling of files with very large initialization blocks.
- Fixed an issue found in searching for Missing Includes in the Project Config.
- Fixed syntax error on TryAsType calls.
- Fixed bug where Delphi preprocessor 'if' statements extending over more than one line were not evaluated correctly.
- The Group File Reports by Directory option groups the files in the File Contents report and the Include File Cross Reference report by Directories. The File Metrics and the File Average Metrics reports have been updated to respect the Display Full Filenames in the Report – Advanced Options.
- Fix inactive range regression to not include the final #endif/#else.
(Build b997) – 15 Aug 2019
- Work around occasional Windows Store popups.
(Build b996) – 9 Aug 2019
- Added a 'use attribute' reference kind to link classes, methods, and other entities to the attribute classes appearing in the declarations. These references used to be plain 'use' references and linked the containing context instead of the entity the attribute was applied to. Moving the reference to the correct context does in some cases change the 'couple' metric for classes with attributes.
- Fixed an issue where C# was not showing the parameters on the IB methods correctly.
- Fixed an issue where C# was not showing the parameters in the UML Class Diagram correctly.
- Moved all references in attribute tags to the declaration they are associated with instead of the enclosing context.
- Updated Und to allow for .vbproj file to be added to an Understand project.
- Removed "Pascal Predefined Variables" from the IB.
- Updated CMake excludes to allow for a better user interaction while adding/editing/removing excludes for filenames as well as directories.
(Build b995) – 27 Jul 2019
- Add kind comparison and hash functions
- Updated the Visual Studio excludes to allow for better user interaction while adding/editing/removing excludes. Fixed the Editor Companion Popup to allow space for potential scrollbars.
(Build b994) – 24 Jul 2019
- Fixed bug where curly braces used inside interplolated strings caused syntax errors.
- Fixed syntax errors in some cases of nested interpolated strings.
- Write ‘Begin’ reference at the start of the ‘template’ keyword for templated decls
- Fix regression in the reference kind of arguments to C++ operator overloads
- Avoid resolving anonymous namespaces together
- Possible fix for crash generating fortran extensions list report
- Fixed bug where custom truncate column was not correctly applied in parsing.
- Fix possible crash after resolve
- Fixed an issue with the Window Selector not allowing the first click to select a window.
(Build b993) – 5 Jul 2019
Fixed an issue where Und Reports were not being created in the correct location.
Add `Entity.comments` method to get comments associated with an entity.
(Build b992) – 28 Jun 2019
Fixed an issue where View->Project Browser and View->Entity Filter were not becoming active if already showing but in an inactive tab.
Fixed an issue where the reports created by Und and Understand were not synced.
Fixed an issue with generating a report from the command line.
Add preliminary support for MPLAB C18 compiler in strict analyzer.
Fix possible crash on architecture delete.
(Build b991) – 21 Jun 2019
- Fixed an issue where traveling across timezones sometimes reports a bad offline license.
- For Pascal/Delphi, fixed bug where ‘result: unsafe’ compiler attribute caused a syntax error.
- Fix failure to record macro expansion text
- Avoid setting MSVC version by default so that it can be set by the environment
(Build b990) – 7 Jun 2019
- Removed Beta Clang checks from CodeCheck. Let us know if your team was relying on them and we can work with you to address the change.
- Undo replace all and save actions as a single operation
- Made change to allow dec 'type' statement for 'print' in Fortran 90+ code.
- Qualify 'typed' references to template arguments with 'templateargument'
(Build b989) – 30 May 2019
- Fix possible crash on architecture delete.
- Fix failure to visit source by double-clicking on some violations.
- Fix regression in hiding the resolve progress indicator after opening a comparison database.
- Fix occasional stuck drag operation on macOS.
- Fix import of filenames from Fortran Visual Studio projects.
- Added search capablilties to the Project Configuration options menu.
- Added search capabililities to the Understand Settings menu.
- Added a more robust New Project Wizard.
- Added Funciton Pointer call support on UML Sequence Diagram.
- API info metric definitions added on text hover.
- Added a new CountClassCoupledModified metric for C#, Basic, Python, Pascal, and Java. This is the CountClassCoupled metric modified to exclude couples to standard library classes.
- Fixed keybinding issue where the primary and alternate sequences were dissapearing after switching to Visual Studio.net or Emacs in Japanese.
- Avoid converting mapped network drive paths to UNC paths on Windows.
- Add missing references to template template parameters.
- Fix worker process crash on some files when the encoding option is set to a non-default value
- Give template template parameters their own kind.
(Build b988) – 7 May 2019
- Fixed several issues that lead to syntax errors on valid c# code.
- Added recognition of some additional Unicode space characters.
- Fixed a node lock issue where not all user accounts were working correctly.
- Fixed performance regression on MacOS.
- Changed new PercentLackOfCohesionModified metric available for Basic, C#, Java, and Pascal to count all routines within a class that directly or indirectly call an accessor routine for a variable as accessing the variable. Previously, only routines that directly called the accessor method were included.
(Build b987) – 26 Apr 2019
- For C#, Visual Basic, Pascal, and Java metrics, added a new PercentLackOfCohesionModified metric that does not penalize the use of accessor functions/methods within a class to set/read variables. The purpose of the metric is to give a lower value than the regular PercentLackOfCohesion metric when accessor methods are used inside of a class to access variables defined in that class.
- For Java metrics, removed PercentLackOfCohesion metric for enum types. Changed PercentLackOfCohension metrics to exclude constants (static final variables) from the variable count.
(Build b986) – 20 Apr 2019
- Add comparison_db method to Java API.
- Fixed invalid syntax errors parsing some interpolated strings and some typeof expressions.
- Fixed errant support message on Getting Started page.
(Build b985) – 13 Apr 2019
- Fixed bug where some forward references of subroutines resulted in 'unresolved' entities.
- Fixed error where some 'external' routine declarations created unresolved subroutines.
- Fixed error where local names for use-only items were sometimes identifed as unresolved functions.
- Fix occasional QMutex threading error when exiting und
(Build b984) – 5 Apr 2019
- Fixed parser hang on some self-referential generic type instantiations.
- Fixed several bugs where valid code produced syntax errors.
- Fixed an issue where Graphs were not displaying the option to export to .Dot files on Mac and Linux for appropriate graph types.
(Build b983) – 29 Mar 2019
- Fixed several syntax issues.
- Fixed bug where array initialization on a stackalloc caused a syntax error.
- Add Basic language support to metrics checks.
- Add key binding to toggle read-only mode.
- Fix spurious comparison view on double-click.
(Build b982) – 26 Mar 2019
- Added support for VS 2017 tuples and for unnamed parameters after named parameter association in a call.
- Made changes to support VS 2017 tuple types, binary literals, and to allow underscores in numeric literals.
- Add templates for user created templates.
- Update butterfly graph to correctly handle Ada packages.
- Fix failure to index some changed files in the instant search.
- Strict analyzer upgraded to use Clang 8.0.0.
- Fix worker process crash on some files when an extension compiler is chosen.
- Revert to using built-in includes when targeting MSVC.
- Fix build log import of quoted include path flags.
(Build b981) – 15 Mar 2019
- Fix Buildspy RPATH so LD_LIBRARY_PATH does not need to be explicitly set.
- Add Und support for Green Hills Ada macro definition file format for importing ada project macros.
- Fix failure to edit files containing entities that are being compared.
- Add comparison link function.
- Added 'containin' links between modules and Python 3 namespace style packages.
- Made change to recognize packages without the presence of __init__.py files as supported by Python 3.3 and subsequent versions.
- Add missing references to types referenced in pointer-to-member-function types.
- Add missing references to template template arguments.
- Fix crash importing MSVC project.
(Build b980) – 10 Mar 2019
STRICT_PARSER: Fix regression in recording references inside of lambda functions.
(Build b979) – 8 Mar 2019
- Allow dotted names as library names.
- Fixed several parser regressions introduced in recent releases.
- Fixed bug where extending a same named class with a different number of generic formal parameters resulted in a circular dependency error.
(Build b978) – 5 Mar 2019
- Fixed bug where Green Hills multi-line preprocessor #if commands with 'and then' did not work correctly.
- fixed udbComment(), udbDbName() and udbEntityLibrary(), which all returned the same (first) value for every subsequent call.
- Fix text drawing issues on displays with non-integral scaling factors.
- Fix regression in importing some compile_commands.json files.
- Fix failure to open projects on network drives on Windows.
- Release Command Line Only install kit.
- Avoid creating invalid ‘<anonymous>’ functions.
(Build b977) – 23 Feb 2019
- Added support for multi-line Green Hills preprocessor commands.
- Fix lookup of InitValue freetext.
- Remove unused literals from c api UdbStatus type.
- Update Eclipse Plugin Version.
- Modified the Object Reference (+ ObjRef Compare) graphs to cover all possible entity colors in legend.
- Updated ObjRef Compare graph to support modified entities.
- Fix crash moving a db between Windows and linux.
- Fixed missing Entity Filters in web languages.
(Build b976) – 15 Feb 2019
- Fix failure to cancel analysis after the cancel confirmation dialog has been supressed.
- Fixed bug where tuple deconstuction in a foreach statement caused a syntax error.
- Cluster control flow graph now supported with TypeScript language.
- For Web/Typescript, added support for new Typescript features up through version 3.3.
(Build b975) – 13 Feb 2019
- Add option to start worker processes serially instead of in parallel.
Understand™ version 5.1 is officially available with Build 974. This release includes all updates since February 2018 and most recently includes “under the hood” improvements that will allow our team to bring you improved performance, responsiveness, and new features. You will also find that we updated the look of Understand with fresh icons and dark mode support on Mac.
New Additions Since 5.0
Behind the Scenes
- Added support for MSVC 2017 C# projects
- Windows installer significantly faster if .NET framework is already installed
- Updated the Perl version that is included with Understand to 5.28.0
- Updated the UI framework to Qt 5.12
- No longer supports 32 bit Linux
- No longer supports RedHat 6
- Additional Language Support
- Java 10
- C# 7.2
- FORTRAN 2008
- Visual Basic .NET 2015
Do More with Understand
If you are new to Understand, sign up for our free one hour webinar to see how Understand can help you.
If you are familiar with Understand and you are interested in taking your Understand skills to the next level, Be sure to sign up for the free advanced training seminars that our sales partner Emenda has coming up:
Our team is currently hard at work on several projects inside of Understand that we are very excited about. As new builds are released over the coming months you will see further improvements to the interface, as well as updates to graphs, Annotations, Compare Graphs, and CodeCheck.
(Build b973) – 14 Dec 2018
- Made changes to fix some problems with overload resolution.
- Made changes to better handle calls to overloaded functions and procedures.
- Fixed an issue with Und not adding directories in NamedRoots mode correctly.
(Build b972) – 30 Nov 2018
- For Coldfire 68K Assembly, added support for CodeCheck UndCC comments.
- Remove extra warnings when creating an offline request code in Und.
- Add support for non-standard double UTF-8 BOM headers.
- Look through pointer and reference to function pointer types when recording 'call ptr' references.
(Build b971) – 23 Nov 2018
- Fixed an issue with adding files in Und.
- Widened the default panel size for the project configuration dialog so that it can't be unreadable due to size constraints.
- Fixed areas that open in the bottom drawer to always open in a new tab.
(Build b970) – 16 Nov 2018
- Update fixedValuesConstants.upl to include an option to ignore indexes as magic numbers.
- Added Project Name to the metric summary table.
- Update to the Visio xml export text positioning.
- Fixed issue with MaxEssential for directories being summed instead of displaying the max.
- Fixed bug where in some cases units from the standard library files that were used by project files were not getting parsed.
- Fixed bug where type text for implicit 'Result' variables was not correct.
(Build b969) – 9 Nov 2018
- Fixed bug where a custom ada standard library path was overwritten by the default value.
- Fixed crash when parsing very large ada files while saving comments.
- Fixed crash in parsing of some code with syntax errors.
- Fixed syntax error on tuples used as type arguments.
- Fixed issue with report generated date display on some systems.
(Build b968) – 5 Nov 2018
- Made changes to allow gnat Ada unicode character encoding.
- Fix crash introduced in build 967 when creating new project.
(Build b967) – 2 Nov 2018
- Fixed some syntax errors parsing the GNAT standard library files.
- Added support for raise expressions.
- Fixed an issue in Find in Files where only project files were being searched for a directory search.
- Fixed problem parsing Visual Studio project files that contain xml CDATA content.
(Build b966) – 26 Oct 2018
- Updated the ability for the user to specify the portability mode for include paths.
- Added CountClassCoupled metric.
(Build b965) – 24 Oct 2018
- Fixed problem where unused type report did not include some unused classes.
- Fixed error where context on 'initialization' and 'finalization' routines were sometimes incorrect.
(Build b964) – 12 Oct 2018
- Fixed bug where references to internal constructors were left as 'unresolved' entities.
- Updated the Dependency Browser and graph Pascal/Delphi removing Predeclared Type entities (Boolean, string, and Char) from being dependencies.
- Fixed an issue with moving architectures from Windows to Unix.
- Made change to remove intialization and finalization routines from the unused program unit report.
- Made changes to track function pointer assignments through properties.
- Fixed highlight range and garbled text when highlighting multibyte characters in find-in-files results.
(Build b963) – 5 Oct 2018
- Fixed a syntax error with nested string interpolation.
- Added proper datamember declaration codecheck.
- Added automatic retry on appropriate licensing dialogs and updated various licensing dialog text.
- Changed 'Assign Ptr' references to 'Call Ptr' to be consistent with usage in c++ projects.
- Added 'call ptr' relation.
- Created 'call deref' references for calls made through parameters. Made 'call ptr' relations from variables which are defined as property values.
- Fixed regression in creating function pointer 'call ptr' references to some entities.
(Build b962) – 28 Sep 2018
- Fix hang when comparing entities and moving cursor quickly.
- Fixed duplicate comments in Visual Basic control flow graph.
- Fixed an issue with adding a graphic filter on a calls chart.
- Fix Internal Dependencies showing wrong number.
- Added the -deregisterlicensecode command for und and understand command line.
- For Pascal/Delphi, made a 'deref call' relation where a function/procedure pointer is used to call a routine. Made a 'use ptr' relation where a function or procedure address is stored in a variable.
- For Pascal/Delphi, added Assign Ptr references to track function/procedure pointer assignments.
- Updated the Ada, C, Java and Fortran dead code detection script to correctly handle Fortran rename module.
- Fixed worker process crash on Windows when the encoding is not set to UTF-8.
(Build b961) – 21 Sep 2018
- Cluster Control Flow graph update to allow the visio export to correctly reflect the user expansions done in the gui.
- Fixed bug where include directives with string literal file names did not work. Also, fixed bug where for loop variables were reported as unused if they were only used in the loop control.
- Fixed crash on CMake compile_command.json import.
- Added function to add project name to pages in report.
- Updated the generated html reports with new look.
- Fixed failure to record assignment and function pointer calls through C++ constructor call expressions.
- Fixed several invalid parser syntax errors.
(Build b960) – 14 Sep 2018
- Changed support for Green Hills Ada macro imports to allow lowercase 'define' keywords.
- Updated the new project wizard to allow visual basic projects to enable the Visual Studio import page.
- Fixed a parser crash and some instances where name lookup was incorrect.
- Fixed bug where macros were not used for standard library files.
- Fix errors in Declaration Tree report and Exceptions report, introduced in build 921.
- Added 'assign' reference kind for tracking variable flow across assignment.
- Add initial support for VB 2017 project files.
(Build b959) – 7 Sep 2018
- Made changes to handle '.fmx' form files.
- Fixed bug where some references in .dfm files were not being picked up.
- Made change to remove Delphi/Pascal predefined 'result' variables from the Unused Object Report.
(Build b958) – 3 Sep 2018
- Fix issue with new codechecks on case sensititve platforms.
(Build b957) – 31 Aug 2018
- Added CodeCheck Baseline igores functionality to Understand and Und.
- Added 3 Misra CodeChecks to be used for testing statements for improper use of '++' and '–' operators.
- Made changes to support .true., .false., and Fortran operators .LT., .GT., etc in preprocessing.
- Add support for Green Hills Ada macro definition file format for importing ada project macros.
- Made changes to improve results of the Unused Program Report for Delphi.
- Added option to parse implementation parts of Delphi standard library files.
- Change pascal 'Root Calledby' filter to include ents that call only std-library functions.
(Build b956) – 24 Aug 2018
- Made changes to support Green Hills Ada preprocessor.
- Fix crash in IB Call tree for Delphi code containing overload references.
- Remove the legacy floating license server from the Understand package. It can still be downloaded from https://btransfer.scitools.com/download/licensemanager/
- Fixed invalid syntax error on some exports statements.
(Build b955) – 17 Aug 2018
- Add Pascal support for UML Sequence Diagram.
- Added template argument list to template specialization qualified names.
- Don't count the implicit injected class name declaration as a decl statement.
(Build b954) – 10 Aug 2018
- Fixed crash on analysis when editing an architecture with relative paths.
- Updated the CodeCheck treemap to allow users to double click on files and then open the "Results by File" tab and expand to that desired file with its associated violations expanded.
- Update 3.2lineSpacingNotUsedInComments.upl to have the correct example displayed in the Description.
- Added 'anonymous' to the short kind for anonymous classes.
- Fixed bug where anonymous classes had an 'implements' relation to a class type appearing in a 'new' expression. Now, an 'implements' relation is created if the type is an interface and an 'extends' relation is created if the type is a class.
(Build b953) – 5 Aug 2018
- Updated annotation search/filter to be case insensitive, allow whitespace for authors and allow partial matching.
- Updated the annotation search/filter tag names to be case insensitive. I have also ordered the filter droplist alphabetically.
- Fixed an intermittent crash on Mac when searching annotations.
- Fixed an issue with Und not creating a proper database from a .udx file while in Und’s interactive mode.
- Fixed entity hash value to use the actual entity id instead of the address of an allocated integer object.
- Changed counting of declaration statements to exclude parameter declarations.
(Build b952) – 27 Jul 2018
- Fixed an issue in CodeCheck ignore import/export where a comma in the violation was not being handled correctly.
- Made change to automatically add Java 9 and 10 src.lib and java.base.jmod to classpath for new projects.
- Made changes to allow contents of Java 9 and 10 src.zip and .jmod files to be processed.
- Fixed bug where import on demand for classes loaded from jar files didn't work correctly in some cases.
(Build b951) – 20 Jul 2018
- Added -requireexplicitcheckid which will require a checkid for CodeCheck automatic ignores.
- Added support for '*' as a valid checkID for CodeCheck Automatic Ignores. Und returns a -1 if -requireexplicitcheckid command line arg is passed in and a required checkID is not supplied in the CodeCheck Automatic Ignores.
- Updated CodeCheck Automatic Ignores to include a warning if an invalid checkid name is used.
- Fixed an Und issue where the \# was not functioning correctly when importing @files. This is done by escaping the # with a "\" or another "#".
- Fixed invalid syntax error on some uses of '::new' for array creation.
- Fixed syntax error on the use of a class nested in a generic for a type parameter bound.
- Added support for Java 10 implicitly typed local variables.
- Fixed crash on some uses of self-bounding generics.
- Fixed issues in the Command Window for when a file link has a '.' in the file path besides the file name and html color not showing properly when on the same line as a file link.
- Fixed an issue in User Tools – Command Window where python scripts would display duplicate lines under certain conditions.
(Build b950) – 14 Jul 2018
- add option to merge duplicate function definitions into one entity during the analysis.
- Fixed crash on some Fortran control flow graphs.
- Disabled references to operator overload candidates when the lookup depends on a template argument.
(Build b949) – 6 Jul 2018
- Update to CodeCheck to allow users to automatically load/overwrite and save CodeCheck ignores via the .uci file.
- Register the .udx settings file with Understand on Windows.
- Made change to load thrown exception information from methods in class and jar files.
- Added support for Java 9 module 'opens' directive. Added support for new syntax in try-with-resource statement.
- Fixed parameter lookup for explicitly defaulted and deleted functions.
(Build b948) – 29 Jun 2018
- Fixed Architecture dependency graphs to export to Visio XML correctly with the selected filter dependecies.
- Added option to aggregate lifelines by architecture in the UML Sequence Diagrams.
- Added support for Java 9 module syntax.
(Build b947) – 22 Jun 2018
- For Jovial Api lexer, fixed bug where keywords 'if' and 'or' were labeled as identifiers instead of keywords if they appeared in upper case.
- Fix 1750A assembly api lexer to support $lexer->lexemes().
- Fixed an issue with Und Add so that Und will not automatically analyze on files/directories added unless the analyze flag/command is specified.
- Fixed an issue with the Dependency Browser Filter not working correctly.
- Fixed syntax errors parsing f strings with escaped close quote characters.
- Added function pointer calls to invocation report.
(Build b946) – 15 Jun 2018
- Add 1750A Assembly as an available api lexer.
- Added the ability to automatically save the current CodeCheck Violation results and load the results next time CodeCheck starts. This can be turned on/off in Tools ->Options – Auto Loading and Saving options.
- Fixed bug where some declarations from include files were not associated with the correct file. Also, fixed some problems where line counts were incorrect.
(Build b945) – 11 Jun 2018
- For c# 7, added support for out parameter discards, and for expression bodies on type cast operator declarations.
- Fixed an Understand CodeCheck issue with CheckID on a top level check.
- Fixed syntax error on pointer dereference access to array.
- Added project config settings pages set system include paths.
- Added command line flags to set system includes.
- Fixed failure to record 'call ptr' references to unresolved function pointers in some cases.
(Build b944) – 1 Jun 2018
- Fixed problem reading some C# 7 dll files.
- Fixed Und assert if create is passed with no database argument.
- Update to the .udx feature. File – New UDX Project will create a project based on a .udx file.
- Added the .udx feature to allow for export/import of project settings on demand and automatically.
- Updated Find in Files to allow for searching current open file only.
(Build b943) – 25 May 2018
- Added ‘call ptr’ reference between Qt signals and slots referenced in connect calls.
(Build b942) – 22 May 2018
- Full support for C# 7.0, 7.1 and 7.2 has been added
- Fixed lookup of entities by ‘renameby’ reference.
- For Java, fixed bug where overloaded functions merged if all parameters have types with the same short names.
- Fixed failure to search for include files among project files when the file encoding is different from the system locale encoding.
(Build b941) – 11 May 2018
- For C#, added support for some C# 7 pattern matching.
- Updated Find in Files to save the configuration changes on a more dynamic basis. Also added the ability to only search the currently selected open file.
- Fixed a Find in Files issue where §§§ search string was not being properly identified in relative project files.
(Build b940) – 4 May 2018
- Made additional changes for the support of C# 7 tuples.
- Updated Und CodeCheck detailed log in terminal output to not show the detail for ignored violations unless the -showignored flag is set.
(Build b939) – 27 Apr 2018
- Made changes to support C# 7 tuples.
- Add Metrics IB field for web languages.
- Record 'call ptr' references for array subscript expressions.
- Changed handling of MSVC 2010 and later projects to ignore ExcludedFromBuild files that have a 'false' value.
- In preparation for full support of Typescript, made a change to not process .js files with same base name as a .ts file in the same directory.
- Beta support for Typescript added.
(Build b938) – 20 Apr 2018
- Added support for C# 7 nested methods, out variables, and in parameters.
- Fixed a bug where local constants were identified as variables.
(Build b937) – 16 Apr 2018
- Fixed New Architecture Wizard read only issue.
(Build b936) – 13 Apr 2018
- Add missing malloc for Misra 2012 21.3.
- Exclude 'call ptr' references from C/C++ References field.
- Added 'pointer' text to 'call ptr' references in the Calls field.
(Build b935) – 6 Apr 2018
- Fixed an issue in Copy Filename where the absolute filename was not being displayed correctly.
- Added support for function pointer assignment to members through array of aggregate initializer lists.
- Record 'call ptr' references for assignment from argument to parameter.
- Fixed worker process crash on some DLL declspec redeclarations on Windows.
- Added support for function pointer assignment from function pointer arrays.
(Build b934) – 30 Mar 2018
- For Pascal/Delphi, fixed a bug where namespace names given in the Namespaces option were not used for 'uses' statement names that were dotted names (for example, namespace System was not prepended to Generics.Collections).
- Fixed a bug where an ASM block that contained a label with the name @@END would cause the assembly block to be terminated and result in syntax errors.
- Added parameter declare references.
(Build b933) – 23 Mar 2018
- Fixed failure to browse to the correct define/declare reference in some cases.
- Updated Project Configuration – C# new references to allow for multiple files to be selected/added at once. Note that the alias field will not be available if mutliple files are added at once but can be added in the edit feature.
- Updated Architecture XML import to allow architecture paths with "/" or "\".
- For c++ strict projects, on call or calledby graphs, show new 'call ptr' references as dotted lines; for all languages, show 'use ptr' references as grey dashed lines.
- For web languages, added SumCyclomatic metrics to functions. These metrics include values for nested anonymous functions.
- For Python, added CountDeclExecutableUnit metric.
- For web languages, added CountDeclExecutableUnit metric for files which counts all defined functions plus the file itself if it contained top level executable code.
- For Pascal/Delphi, added CountDeclExecutableUnit metric.
(Build b932) – 19 Mar 2018
- Fix licensing issue when rapidly instantiating API instances.
(Build b931) – 16 Mar 2018
- For api lexers, add -> java operator and => operator for c#, and associate lambda entities with these lexemes.
- Added 'lambda method' kind for lambda expressions.
- Added support for some Silverfrost compiler variations on do loop syntax. Also, fixed some errors in the Fortran MaxNesting metric for some uses of do loops.
- For the Expand Macro Interactive Report, show the macro's value at the specificied location when using in a file.
- Added 'lambda method' kind for lambda expressions, and added an End reference for lambdas.
- For Pascal/Delphi, fix problem where unnamed record types had the same unique name.
- Fix crash in html report generation.
- Track potential function pointer calls through assignment.
- Fixed the "Run a Command" window to display appropriate script text even when a gui perl graph is open.
(Build b930) – 9 Mar 2018
- Added references for calls to operator overloads.
- Added SumCyclomatic metrics to modules and subroutines.
- Add Interactive Report to Expand Macro text. To use right click on a Macro and select Interactive Reports->Expand Macro.
- For Pascal/Delphi, added SumCyclomatic metrics for subroutines. Added SumEssenial metric in all contexts where other SumCyclomatic metrics were available.
- Fixed worker process crash.
- Add initial support for MSVC 2017 C# projects.
(Build b929) – 2 Mar 2018
- Added support for while (expr) do …end do statements.
- Improved handling of overload matching when arrays of unknown classes are involved.
- For Visual Basic Metrics, added SumCyclomatic metrics for subroutines. These metrics include values for nested lambda subroutines.
- For Ada metrics, added SumCyclomatic metrics for subroutines. These metrics include values for nested subroutines.
- Fix api lexer to associate entities with c# operator definitions.
- Fixed failure to respect quoted arguments in CMake compile command database import.
- Revert analysis of blocks independent of target. This interferes with the analysis of otherwise valid code in some cases.
(Build b928) – 24 Feb 2018
- Changed names of methods that are defined using dotted notation with an implemented interface prefix to include the interface name only in the method full name.
- Fixed regression in analyzing COPY … REPLACING … statements when there are multiple replacements.
- Add support for a few more Unisys extensions.
- Fixed an issue with saving CodeCheck configurations with top level checks.
- For c# and Java, added SumCyclomatic metrics to methods. These metrics include values for nested lambda functions.
- Changed class SumCyclomatic metrics to include values for nested lambda functions.
(Build b927) – 19 Feb 2018
- Version 5.0 uses our new licensing system, Helios, where you will need to create an account that will allow you to manage your own license(s). You will also need to get a Claim Code from our staff in order to use the upgraded licensing in Understand. If you are using an older license, you can continue to use it by selecting “Use Legacy Licensing” in the Licensing dialog under Options.
- Fixed problems where unknown entities were created when ‘Analyze Changed File’ processing was used in projects that had calls to extension methods.
- Style Unisys ‘PROC’ beginning and ending lines as comments in the editor.
- Added support for Fortran extension ‘while (expr) do’ as start of a fortran do while loop.
- Fixed handling of wide string literals in c lexer api.