Understand™ is more than just an IDE. Think of it as a brain augmentation tool. We’ve designed it to be a powerful static code analysis tool that will change the way you look at code. The combined editor and analysis tools will help you work faster, smarter, and with fewer errors.
- Streamlined Interface: create your own workspace to organize info, code, palettes, etc.
- Keyboard Mapping: customize your keyboard mapping for optimal efficiency.
- File and Folder Comparing: easily compare entities, files, and folders.
- Browse Mode: turn the editor into a web style browser for code. Information is displayed automatically as you browse.
- Multi-Language: supports 19 different languages and understands multiple languages in use together.
- Multi-Platform: runs on Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, and Solaris.
Static Analysis Tools
- Code Knowledge: Easily see functions, classes, variables, etc., how they are used, called, modified, and interacted with
- Metrics & Reports: Includes both standard and custom metrics
- Graphs & Diagrams: Dependency, Control, Call Graphs, and more
- Standards Testing: Check against published standards or your own
- Dependency Analysis: See all the dependencies in your code and how they connect
- Search: Instant search, customized search, RegEx, and wildcard searches
Source Code Analysis Reimagined
Understand™ goes beyond other IDE's such as Visual Basic, NetBeans, Codeblocks, or JetBrains and actually simplifies the process of development. It does this by integrating a powerful static analysis tool together with a host of features for maintaining and understanding code. The result is a fully-loaded IDE that has all the features you would expect (syntax colorization, auto-completion, syntax-based collapsing & folding) plus a whole suite of killer tools to help you visualize and maintain your code.
Have you inherited a massive project? Understand™ can help.
"A large part of my career has been spent debugging and maintaining other people’s code and that means I spend a lot of time figuring out what a program actually did and how that was different from what it was supposed to do. Understand deals with that cognitive dissonance by helping me envision a program’s flow and structure and to figure out the changes necessary to fix the errors. It’s a very cool tool!"
Dave Phelps, Senior Software Engineer, Scientific Games International
Two-Week Trial of Understand™
See for yourself how it can make your life easier. It's up and running in under 5 minutes and comes with legendary product support. You’ll have two weeks to explore all that Understand™ can do for you, no credit card required.